Pokémon Black 2
|Pokémon Black 2|
|Release Date(s)|| JP: 23 June, 2012|
NA: Fall 2012
EU: Autumn 2012
|Paired with:||Pokémon White 2|
Pokémon Black 2 was a game announced on Pokémon Smash on Sunday 26th February 2012 and will feature Black Kyurem as its mascot Pokémon. As of writing, nothing else is known about the game.
This game will be release alongside Pokémon White 2 in June 2012 in Japan and Autumn/Fall 2012 in Europe and North America.
Some information has been revealed from the Japanese version of the game. A trailer and some gameplay of the Japanese version has been released. Parts of the Unova region were frozen (the reason/cause has not been unveiled yet). There are two new characters that you can choose, one new boy and one new girl. There is a new rival, and a new enemy organization (or possibly Team Plasma again, with a different outfit). As of now, 2 new gym leaders are known of, a poison-type gym leader (name unknown) and a new water-type gym leader (name unknown). It is not known if all of the gym leaders will be new, or if it will be a mix of new and old (referring to gym leaders from Pokemon Black & White) gym leaders. There are also some new towns (at least 2 new towns are known of, those that contain the 2 new known about gyms), but, as with the gyms, it is unknown if all of the towns will be new, or if there will be a mix of new and old (referring to Pokemon Black & White). The new professor of the game is named Akuroma (spelling may be off as of now).
In battles, the trainer sprites now have animations along with the Pokemon. There are also now 300 Pokemon in the Regional Pokedex, compared to the 156 in Pokemon Black & White (153 not including the 3 legendary Pokemon that weren't put into the game and could only be achieved via events; Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect). This means that there are now an estimated 300 Pokemon that can be caught before challenging the Elite 4 (some Pokemon, such as legendaries, may not be accessible until after defeating the Elite 4, or until doing something post-game). When the 156 (estimate) Pokemon from the Unova region in Pokemon Black & White are subtracted from the 300 Pokemon from the Unova region in Pokemon Black 2 & White 2 (adding in the 2 new Pokemon, black Kyurem and white Kyurem, although it is unknown if the original Kyurem will be left in or taken out, so the number added could be either 2 or 1; there also may be a pre-evolution of Keldeo), we are left with an estimate of 141 Pokemon from previous regions (assuming original Kyurem is left in and that there is a pre-evolution of Keldeo). Some of these past-gen Pokemon are known and confirmed, thanks to gameplay/trailers from the Japanese version of Pokemon Black & White 2.
Currently confirmed Pokemon in Pokemon Black 2 & White 2:
• All 156 (estimate) Pokemon from the Unova region of Pokemon Black & White
• Black Kyurem & White Kyurem (unknown if the original Kyurem from Pokemon Black & White will be in or not)
• *Keldeo pre-evolution (possibly, not confirmed)
• Flareon (assumed based on Eevee being in) • Jolteon (assumed based on Eevee being in) • Vaporeon (assumed based on Eevee being in) • Espeon (assumed based on Eevee being in) • Umbreon (assumed based on Eevee being in) • Leafeon (assumed based on Eevee being in) • Glaceon (assumed based on Eevee being in)
• Flaaffy (assumed based on Mareep being in) • Ampharos (assumed based on Mareep being in)
• Lucario (assumed based on Riolu being in)
• Larvitar (assumed based on Tyranitar being in) • Pupitar (assumed based on Tyranitar being in)
• Beldum (assumed based on Metagross being in) • Metang (assumed based on Metagross being in)
• Wingull (assumed based on Pelipper being in)
• Azurill (sprite has a more concerned/saddened look on its face)
• Marill (assumed based on Azurill being in) • Azumarill (assumed based on Azurill being in)
• Arcanine (assumed based on Growlithe being in)
• Sunflora (assumed based on Sunkern being in)
• Magmar (assumed based on Magby being in) • Magmortar (assumed based on Magby being in)
• Weezing (assumed based on Koffing being in)
• Magneton (assumed based on Magnemite being in) • Magnezone (assumed based on Magnemite being in)
Based on what we know, there is an estimate of 104 Pokemon (from past generations) that we have yet to find out about.
Related ThreadsPokemon Black 2 Encounter Black Kyurem in the wild Action Replay code request (US) - last post by Eiche @ Oct 30, 2012
Pokemon Black Walkthrough!What's it's like! - last post by @ Sep 22, 2010
Pokemon Black Spriting Competition - Farewell SL, New Judge Announced! - last post by @ Sep 20, 2010
Pokémon Black and White 2 Header and Footer Contest - last post by @ Oct 18, 2012
I need help concerning Black City... - last post by @ Aug 3, 2011