The Blue Flute, first appearing in Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald Gameboy games and appearing in every game ever since, is a key item that cures the Pokémon it is used on of sleep in all games except for Pokémon Black and White versions. In Pokémon Black and White Versions, it does not cure any status problems, but can be sold at a high price instead. It must be used by the trainer, as it is a man-made item, and is found in the Battle Items pocket in all games it functions as a status-restoring item.
- Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald: A glass flute that awakens sleeping Pokémon.
- FireRed/LeafGreen: A blue glass flute that awakens a sleeping Pokémon.
- Diamond/Pearl/Platinum: A blue flute made from blown glass. Its melody awakens a single Pokémon from sleep.
- HeartGold/SoulSilver: A blue flute made from blown glass. Its melody awakens a single Pokémon from sleep.
- Black/White: A toy flute made from blue glass. A maniac will buy it for a high price.
How To Obtain
• This item cannot be bought in shops in-game on any generations and game cartridges.
• This item can be traded between all games, provided the Pokémon being traded is holding the Blue Flute as its item and both game cartridges can trade back and forth.
- Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald: The Blue Flute can be obtained after walking 250 steps on Route 113 to collect ash to trade in for it at the Glass Workshop.
- FireRed/LeafGreen: Not available as an in-game item. To obtain, trade from Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald games.
- Diamond/Pearl/Platinum: Not available as an in-game item. To obtain, trade from Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen, HeartGold, or SoulSilver games.
- HeartGold/SoulSilver: The Blue Flute can be found in Viridian Forest.
- Black/White: The Blue Flute can be obtained from the Treasure Hunter on Route 13.
Related Threadsquestion? is there any item in d/p that can wake up pokemon like the poke`flute - last post by @ Feb 9, 2008
flutes - last post by @ Oct 31, 2003