A Chesto Berry can be used to instantly cure a Pokémon of sleep, either as a held item, or given directly from the trainer.
At 100% performance, the Chesto Berry will contribute 30 units of powder.
At 100% performance a Chesto Berry will produce a level 13 Dry Poffin when cooking alone.
- Growing on Routes 117 and 121 when the player first arrives there.
- Pretty Petal Flower Shop
- Gentleman in Lilycove City
Fire Red/Leaf Green
- S.S. Anne (hidden)
- Growing on Routes 205 (Floaroma side), 209 (Hearthome side), 210 (Celestic side), and 214 when the player first arrives there.
- Pick a Peck of Colors Flower Shop.
- Sometimes given from the Berry Master.
- Rarely (5% chance) found on wild Whismur, Loudred, Exploud, or Spinda.
- Given by a Juggler in Violet City in exchange for Blue Shard (HG/SS).
- Rarely found in Refreshing Field after 800+ steps.
- Commonly found in Yellow Forest after 700+ steps.
- Very commonly found in Champ Road after 0+ steps.
- Castelia City
- Sometimes found on Purple Berry Trees
Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
- Roues 103, 114 & 116
- Complete the Normal Pokémon Contest Spectacular (randomly from a fan)
- Berry Master's Wife if your message doesn't qualify for a special berry
- A Girl in the Pretty Petal Flower Shop (random berry)
- Lillycove City gentleman (random berry)
- Super Secret Base should a Secret Pal have the Gather Berries skill
Growth and harvest
A Chesto Berry will mature from a planted seed to a full-grown, fruit-bearing tree in 12 hours, with 3 hours per stage. A Chesto tree will yield 2-3 berries.
Generation IV & Generation V
A Chesto Berry will mature from a planted seed to a full-grown, fruit-bearing tree in 12 hours, with 3 hours per stage. A Chesto tree will yield 2-5 berries.
It should be noted that Berries were grown in the Dream World in the fifth Generation, an online service that is now defunct.
The two sets of Generation 6 games have different times for the amount of time it takes Berries to grow as well as different Berry Yields.
In X and Y it takes 24 hours for a Chesto Berry to grow and the plant can yield anywhere from 4 to 15 Berries. The main differences between that and Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire is that the plant only takes 4 hours to grow fully with a berry yield that can range from 4 to 20!
Related ThreadsChesto berries - last post by @ Jun 13, 2007
chesto berry! - last post by @ Jun 30, 2007
BERRIES & POFFIN FLAVORS GUIDE - last post by @ Jul 21, 2007
BERRIES & POFFIN FLAVORS GUIDE - last post by @ Jul 15, 2007
berries - last post by @ Feb 23, 2009