The Damp Rock, first appearing in Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum games, is a hold item that extends the duration of the move Rain Dance, which normally last for only five turns, so it lasts for eight turns instead. (A 60% increase in time).
- Diamond/Pearl/Platinum: A Pokémon hold item that extends the duration of the move Rain Dance used by the holder.
- HeartGold/SoulSilver: A Pokémon hold item that extends the duration of the move Rain Dance used by the holder.
- Black/White: A Pokémon held item that extends the duration of the move Rain Dance used by the holder.
How To Obtain
• This item cannot be bought in shops in-game on any generations and game cartridges.
• This item can be traded between Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Black, and White games, provided the Pokémon being traded is holding the Damp Rock as its item and both game cartridges can trade back and forth.
- Diamond/Pearl/Platinum: The Damp Rock can be obtained from mining it in the Sinnoh Underground.
- HeartGold/SoulSilver: The Damp Rock can be found on the Icy Mountain Road Pokéwalker Route after taking 2,500 steps and using the Dowsing MCHN.
- Black/White: The Damp Rock can be obtained from the parasol lady on Route 8 once a day during the morning.
Strategizing with the Damp Rock
A good strategy is to send a Water-type Pokémon with the Rain Dish ability (like Lotad) holding the Damp Rock into battle against an effective type matchup, such as Fire, and use Rain Dance as your first move. Then, the user will regain one-sixteenth of their maximum HP when it's raining, so you can use powerful water moves to take down your opponent.
Related ThreadsLooking for rain dance/ damp rock. - last post by @ Dec 24, 2012
RMT: Watch out, it's the Rock Brigade! - last post by @ Jun 16, 2008