Dragalge

Dragalge
ドラミドロ
Dragalge.png
Skrelp < Dragalge > Clauncher
Species Type
Mock Kelp Pokémon Poison.gif Dragon.gif
Number Ability
#691 Poison Point/Poison Touch
Adaptability
Height Weight
5'11" (1.8m) 179.7 lbs (81.5kg)
Gender Ratio
Male: 50% Female: 50%
Evolves From Evolves Into
Skrelp None
Egg Group Catch Rate
Water 1
Dragon
55
Tier EV Yield
BL2 2 Special Attack Points

Dragalge (ドラミドロ) is the 31st Pokémon in the Kalos Coastal Pokédex. It is a Poison/Dragon-Type, and is known as the Mock Kelp Pokémon.

Dragalge can use one of two Abilities: Poison Point, which has a 30% chance of afflicting an opponent that uses an attack that requires physical contact against it with Poison; or Poison Touch, which has a 20% of Poisoning an opponent when Dragalge uses a move that requires physical contact. Dragalge's Hidden Ability is Adaptability, which increases its Same Type Attack Bonus from 50% to 100%.

Skrelp can evolve into Dragalge at Level 48.

Dragalge is in the Egg Groups Water 1 and Dragon. It takes Dragalge One Million Experience Points to reach Level 100.

Contents

Biology

Physiology

Dragalge takes on the appearance of a brown dragon based off of living kelp. Its underbelly and face is purple, and its eyes are pinkish-red, as is the crown-like growth on its head. Dragalge's three fins also resemble kelp.

Gender Differences

Dragalge doesn't have any visible differences to differentiate between male and female.

Game Information

Original Games

Dragalge can be found by using the Super Rod at Ambrette Town, Rotue 8 and Cyllage City in Pokémon Y. The only way to obtain one in Pokémon X is to trade for one.

Spin-Off Games

Dragalge has yet to appear in a Spin-Off Game as of writing.

Trading Card Game

No Trading Card Game Information as of yet; will be updated once featured in an upcoming TCG Set.

Anime/Manga Information

Anime

Dragalge has yet to appear in the Anime as of writing.

Movies

Dragalge has yet to appear in any of the films as of writing.

Manga

Dragalge has yet to appear in the Manga as of writing.

Pokémon Information

Competitive Battling

Dragalge is a part of the Borderline 2 (BL2) tier of competitive battling, meaning that it is not used enough to be a part of the Underused (UU) tier but too broken to be a part of the Rarelyused (RU) tier. In UU, Dragalge has great STAB coverage with Draco Meteor and Sludge Wave covering all but the Steel-types in the tier. Thanks to having Adaptability as an ability to boost its STAB moves further, Dragalge becomes a strong wallbreaker that has good enough coverage to hit the majority of the tier with strong attacks. Dragalge's good defensive typing and bulk allow for it to gain switch in opportunities and retaliate with its powerful attacks. Dragalge's best set is its wallbreaker set that can opt for Choice Specs to maximize the power of Draco Meteor while being able to hit Steel-types with Focus Blast or a Dragon Fang to still boost Draco Meteor while giving Dragalge more freedom in its attack choice and allowing it to run Toxic Spikes. However, Dragalge does suffer from the fact that it is relatively slow and is weak to common moves like Earthquake and Ice Beam. Dragalge is also vulnerable to Stealth Rock and Spikes, which can wear down Dragalge considerably when it has to switch in.

Dragalge is also a viable option in the Overused (OU) tier of competitive battling. Dragalge can find a solid niche in the tier due to its typing offering the ability to act as a strong tank, being able to handle threats like Keldeo, Mega Charizard Y, Mega Venusaur, Thundurus, Clefable, and Gengar. Thanks to Adaptability and its secondary Poison typing, Dragalge can act as a strong wallbreaking threat that can power through Fairy-types unlike other Dragon-types like Latios. Dragalge can also run a Toxic Spikes set that gives it good overall utility by wearing down at opposing foes. The most prominent Dragalge sets are its offensive Toxic Spikes set that acts as a strong tank while providing great utility, a specially defensive set that can act as a good reliable check to specific threats in the tier while still having the utility of Toxic Spikes, and a Choice Specs set that is all about raw power. Dragalge does suffer, however, from having common weaknesses to Ice, Psychic, and Ground attacks. It is also very slow, leaving it outsped by the majority of the tier and forcing it to tank a hit before it can retaliate.

Area Locations

Game Rarity Location
X None Trade
Y Common (Super Rod) Ambrette Town
Route 8
Cyllage City

Pokédex Entries

Gen Game Pokédex Entry
VI X Their poison is strong enough to eat through the hull of a tanker, and they spit it indiscriminately at anything that enters their territory.
Y Tales are told of ships that wander into seas where Dragalge live, never to return.
Omega Ruby Their poison is strong enough to eat through the hull of a tanker, and they spit it indiscriminately at anything that enters their territory.
Alpha Sapphire Tales are told of ships that wander into seas where Dragalge live, never to return.

Statistics

Base Stats Min- Min Max Max+
HP
65
. 240 334 .
Atk
75
139 155 249 273
Def
90
166 185 279 306
Sp. Atk
97
179 199 293 322
Sp. Def
123
225 251 345 379
Speed
44
83 93 187 205

Moves

Via Level-Up

Level Up
Level Move Type Power Accuracy Class
Start
59
Dragon Tail Dragon.gif 60 90 Physical.png
Start
67
Twister Dragon.gif 40 100 Special.png
Start Tackle Normal.gif 50 100 Physical.png
Start Smokescreen Normal.gif N/A 100 Other.png
Start Water Gun Water.gif 40 100 Special.png
5 Feint Attack Dark.gif 60 N/A Physical.png
9 Tail Whip Normal.gif N/A 100 Other.png
12 Bubble Water.gif 40 100 Special.png
15 Acid Poison.gif 40 100 Special.png
19 Camouflage Normal.gif N/A N/A Other.png
23 Poison Tail Poison.gif 50 100 Physical.png
25 Water Pulse Water.gif 60 100 Special.png
28 Double Team Normal.gif N/A N/A Other.png
32 Toxic Poison.gif N/A 90 Other.png
35 Aqua Tail Water.gif 90 90 Physical.png
38 Sludge Bomb Poison.gif 90 100 Special.png
42 Hydro Pump Water.gif 110 80 Special.png
53 Dragon Pulse Dragon.gif 85 100 Special.png

Via TM/HM

TM/HM
TM/HM No. Move Type Power Accuracy Class
TM06 Toxic Poison.gif -- 90 Other.png
TM07 Hail Ice.gif -- -- Other.png
TM09 Venoshock Poison.gif 65 100 Special.png
TM10 Hidden Power Normal.gif 60 100 Special.png
TM15 Hyper Beam Normal.gif 150 90 Special.png
TM17 Protect Normal.gif -- -- Other.png
TM18 Rain Dance Water.gif -- -- Other.png
TM21 Frustration Normal.gif  ?? 100 Physical.png
TM24 Thunderbolt Electric.gif 90 100 Special.png
TM25 Thunder Electric.gif 110 70 Special.png
TM27 Return Normal.gif  ?? 100 Physical.png
TM30 Shadow Ball Ghost.gif 80 100 Special.png
TM32 Double Team Normal.gif -- -- Other.png
TM34 Sludge Wave Poison.gif 95 100 Special.png
TM36 Sludge Bomb Poison.gif 90 100 Special.png
TM42 Facade Normal.gif 70 100 Physical.png
TM44 Rest Psychic.gif -- -- Other.png
TM45 Attract Normal.gif -- 100 Other.png
TM48 Round Normal.gif 60 100 Special.png
TM52 Focus Blast Fighting.gif 120 70 Special.png
TM55 Scald Water.gif 80 100 Special.png
TM68 Giga Impact Normal.gif 150 90 Physical.png
TM82 Dragon Tail Dragon.gif 60 90 Physical.png
TM87 Swagger Normal.gif -- 90 Other.png
TM88 Sleep Talk Normal.gif -- -- Other.png
TM90 Substitute Normal.gif -- -- Other.png
TM100 Confide Normal.gif -- -- Other.png
HM03 Surf Water.gif 95 100 Special.png
HM04 Strength Normal.gif 80 100 Physical.png

Via Breeding

Via Breeding
Move Type Power Accuracy Class
Acid Armor Poison.gif -- -- Other.png
Haze Ice.gif -- -- Other.png
Play Rough Fairy.gif 90 90 Physical.png
Toxic Spikes Poison.gif -- -- Other.png
Venom Drench Poison.gif -- 100 Other.png

Via Move Tutor

Move Type Power Accuracy Class
Draco Meteor Dragon.gif 130 90 Special.png

Evolution Line

Rare Candy Sprite.png
Level 48
691.gif
Dragalge


Type Matchups

Type Attack Advantages Attack Disadvantages Defense Advantages Defense Disadvantages
Poison.gif
Dragon.gif
Dragon.gif
Fairy.gif
Grass.gif
Ghost.gif
Ground.gif
Poison.gif
Rock.gif
Steel.gif
Bug.gif
Electric.gif
Fighting.gif
Fire.gif
Grass.gif
Poison.gif
Water.gif
Dragon.gif
Ground.gif
Ice.gif
Psychic.gif

Related Threads

Where to find Dragalge/Skrelp - last post by @ Oct 17, 2013
adaptability dragalge? - last post by @ Dec 3, 2014
Aegislash, Scolipede(lead), Azumarill, Gengar, Dragalge,and ?? - last post by @ Oct 26, 2013
Last edited by Squiggle on 22 September 2016 at 23:21
This page has been accessed 1,360 times.