(Redirected from Free Fall)
Sky Drop is a Flying-Type move introduced in Generation V. This is a two-turn attack; on the first turn the user grabs the target and flies into the air with it. During this phase of the attack, the targeted Pokémon cannot attack; however both Pokémon can still get hit by Gust, Hurricane, Sky Uppercut, Smack Down, Thunder, Twister, an attack from a Pokémon with the No Guard Ability or if either Pokémon were targeted with the moves Lock-On or Mind Reader on the turn prior.
On turn two the user drops the Pokémon to deal damage, returning the target to the ground.
However, Sky Drop has a number of situations that affect how it works.
- If the targeted Pokémon has used Substitute, or if the effects of the move Gravity are active, Sky Drop will fail. Whilst Gravity is active this move cannot be used.
- Pokémon with the Levitate Ability and Flying-Type Pokémon are invulnerable to this attack unless they've been hit by the move Smack Down and are under its effect, or are holding the Hold Item Iron Ball. Regardless, the targeted Pokémon will still be picked up and unable to move for a turn. A target that has used Magnet Rise or under the effect of Telekinesis will still take damage as usual.
- During a Rotation Battle, should the Targeted Pokémon get rotated mid-air, it returns to the ground without taking any damage, and no turn is missed as the Pokémon that was substituted into the battle via rotation can still attack.
- Sky Drop won't work in a Sky Battle.
The Sky Drop Glitch
In the Generation V games Black and White, if the move Gravity is used whilst the user of Sky Drop and its Target are still in the air, the move fails on the spot. While the user can continue to battle as normal, the move's target won't be able to move until one of the following happens:
- The user switches out
- The user gets KO'd
- The Pokémon that was targeted by Sky Drop gets hit by an attack
Pokémon that Learn this Move via Level-Up
Pokémon that Learn this Move via TM58
Pokémon that Learn this Move via Sketch
Related ThreadsToxic spikes and sky drop - last post by @ Apr 26, 2011
Sky Drop glitch - last post by @ Aug 9, 2013