Generation VI is the newest Generation in the Pokémon Franchise, announced on January 8, 2013.
 Generation VI Launch
In a first for the Pokémon Franchise, the first two games of a Generation were released worldwide simultaneously in the 12th of October 2013.
 Changes from Generation V
- The introduction of Pokémon Bank and Pokémon Transporter to transport Pokemon from previous generations.
- The abandonment of seasons.
- The abandonment of Pokemon swarms.
- The introduction of the Fairy type, and its weaknesses to Steel, Poison and immunity to Dragons.
- Adding the Fairy type to Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable,Snubbull, Granbull, Togepi, Togetic, Togekiss, Igglybuff, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Mime Jr., Mr. Mime, Azurill, Marill, Azumarill, Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir, Mawile, Cottonee and Whimsicott.
- Pikachu receives a 10-point increase each in its Defense and Special Defense stats.
- Pokémon can evolve after a battle even if they are knocked out or if the player lost.
- Replacing Dream World with the new Friend Safari feature.
 Trading Card Game
To Be Announced
The next Pokemon series, XY, is set to debut in Japan on October 17th, every other country worldwide will get a two episode sneak peek on October 19th.
Related ThreadsYour New Favorites of Generation VI - last post by @ Oct 16, 2013
Best Referral Pokemon from Generation VI - last post by @ Nov 17, 2013
10 things Nintendo should include in Generation VI games Pokémon X and Pokémon Y - last post by @ Jan 9, 2014
Game Freak Developer claims OR/AS will change the Gen VI battle environment - last post by @ May 21, 2014
.: Pokemon Platinum Trainer Card Contest VI :: Username Letter Round [10th] :: Tournament Final Round :. - last post by @ Sep 13, 2009