The Heat Rock, first appearing in Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum games, is a hold item that extends the duration of the move Sunny Day, which normally last for only five turns, so it lasts for eight turns instead. (A 60% increase in time).
- Diamond/Pearl/Platinum: A Pokémon hold item that extends the duration of the move Sunny Day used by the holder.
- HeartGold/SoulSilver: A Pokémon hold item that extends the duration of the move Sunny Day used by the holder.
- Black/White: A Pokémon held item that extends the duration of the move Sunny Day used by the holder.
How To Obtain
• This item cannot be bought in shops in-game on any generations and game cartridges.
• This item can be traded between Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Black and White games, provided the Pokémon being traded is holding the Heat Rock as its item and both game cartridges can trade back and forth.
- Diamond/Pearl/Platinum: The Heat Rock can be obtained from mining it in the Sinnoh Underground.
- HeartGold/SoulSilver: The Heat Rock can be found on the Icy Mountain Road Pokéwalker Route after taking 3,000 steps and using the Dowsing MCHN.
- Black/White: The Heat Rock can be obtained from the parasol lady on Route 8 once a day during the daytime.
Strategizing with the Heat Rock
A good strategy is to send a Fire-type Pokémon holding the Heat Rock into battle against a water-type Pokémon, and use Sunny Day as your first move. This reduces the base power of all water attacks by 50%, which gives you the time you need to throw in some good physical attacks. This is especially helpful if all of your other Pokémon are weak against water as well.
Related ThreadsAn easier method to get a heat rock? - last post by @ Nov 20, 2010
mega venu vs heat rock venu? - last post by @ Aug 27, 2014
Heat Rock (Not Correct Name) - last post by @ Mar 16, 2008