The Itemfinder (ダウジングマシン - Dowsing Machine) is a Key Item that detects objects that aren't visible to the naked eye.
- The Itemfinder can be found on Route 11 in Red, Blue, and Yellow, along with the Generation III remakes Fire Red and Leaf Green. Talk to Professor Oak's Aide inside the checkpoint at the end of the route, and you'll get the Itemfinder if you've captured at least 30 Pokémon (which includes Pokémon that evolved).
- Ecruteak City is where the Itemfinder can be obtained in Gold, Silver and Crystal. It is inside the house that sits to the right of the Ecruteak City Gym.
- The Dowsing Machine is used as a Pokétch Application in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum, obtained from the rival of the opposite gender as the main character at Route 207. Tapping the bottom screen of the Nintendo DS while using this Pokétch App will emit a single ping from where the screen was tapped.
- Appearing as a Key Item in Heart Gold and Soul Silver, the Dowsing Machine can be found in Ecruteak City. Unlike the Pokétch App, this version of the Dowsing Machine can show a continuous radar of the area in relation to where the hidden item is compared to the player's position by holding the stylus on the radar portion of the Dowsing Machine.
- Bianca also gives the main character the Dowsing Machine in Black 2 and White 2, this time after exiting Castelia City via its main gate.
- The Dowsing Machine was changed once again in Generation VI, instead of touching a Stylus to a screen the item is now worn on the player's head and will react as the player approaches a hidden item. This item can be found on Route 8 in X and Y.
Related ThreadsItemfinder - last post by @ Jun 12, 2003
Hidden Itemfinder item? - last post by @ May 5, 2012
Itemfinder - last post by @ Sep 12, 2007
Itemfinder HELP - last post by @ Mar 5, 2007
Itemfinder and heart scales - last post by @ Mar 9, 2004