The Old Gateau, first appearing in Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum games, is a one-time-use item that cures the user of all status ailments - paralysis, poison, sleep, burn, freeze, and confusion.
 In-Game Descriptions
- Diamond/Pearl/Platinum: Old Chateau's hidden specialty. It heals all the status problems of a single Pokémon.
- HeartGold/SoulSilver: Old Chateau's hidden specialty. It heals all the status problems of a single Pokémon.
- Black/White: Old Chateau's hidden specialty. It heals all the status problems of a single Pokémon.
 How To Obtain
• This item cannot be bought in shops in-game on any generations and game cartridges.
• This item can be traded between Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Black, and White games, provided the Pokémon being traded is holding the Old Gateau as its item and both game cartridges can trade back and forth.
- Diamond/Pearl/Platinum: The Old Gateau can be found on the second floor of the Old Chateau.
- HeartGold/SoulSilver: The Old Gateau can be found on the Scary Cave Pokéwalker Route (after 3,500 steps) and the Sightseeing Pokéwalker Route (after 4,500 steps).
- Black/White: The Old Gateau can be obtained from Cedric Juniper.
 Similar Items
Items similar to the Old Gateau (that have the same effect) are:
Related ThreadsDoes one wave have to find the Old Gateau before finding Spiritomb? - last post by @ Aug 19, 2010
Pokemon Puns: The gateau is a lie! - last post by @ Jun 12, 2008
The Old Chateau Questions - last post by @ Feb 3, 2008
This page has been accessed 1,029 times.