Pokémon Crystal Version
(Redirected from Pokémon Crystal)
Journey back to the world of Johto as the Gold and Silver Pokémon series continues with brand-new adventures. As a male or female Pokémon trainer, you embark on a quest to become the greatest trainer ever (as always)! Explore all-new areas in the Johto region. Make use of handy new features introduced in the Gold and Silver versions. Swap Mystery Gifts with your friends via Game Link cable, and transfer Pokémon data to Pokémon Stadium 2 for the N64.
It's up to you to find, capture, and train all 251 Pokémon in the Johto region. This can be accomplished by trading with the Gold and Silver versions. You also must become the greatest trainer in the region, which means you must defeat the eight gym leaders, then finally defeat the Elite 4, who are the top trainers of Johto.
But it doesn't stop there. Once you've defeated them, you can head on over to the Kanto region and prove yourself there. Can you get all of the 16 badges?
- New region: Pokémon Crystal takes place three years after the events in Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow. Now you get to explore the newly discovered region of Johto, full of grassy areas, bodies of water, forests, and other environments suitable for the Pokémon inhabitants. Like any other Pokémon game, it's up to you to find and capture all the Pokémon and become the top trainer of the region. But this time the story extends further than that...
- Pokémon: Johto is home to 100 new species of Pokémon as well as a few from the original 151. Also new is breeding Pokémon. Breeding is essential for getting that perfect Pokémon you've always dreamed of and for reproducing rare species of course. With new Pokémon comes new attacks, like Whirlpool and Dynamicpunch, and new items, like the berries and new Poké Balls. Speaking of items, Pokémon are now able to hold items, which gives you more strategies for combat.
- Day/Night system: Also new is the day/night system. All you have to do is input the correct time and it will go through day and night just like in the real world. This hugely affects what types of Pokémon that you'll be able to find. for example, Hoothoot can only be found at night, while Sunkern is only found in the morning.
- Trading between older versions: Some Pokémon you simply are not going to find in Crystal, which is why you can trade from your R/B/Y versions to Crystal. Bring over your hard trained Pokémon to complete your Pokédex and have a better edge at battles. You cannot trade any Pokémon introduced in Johto to the previous versions.
- Shiny Pokémon: The Johto generation was the first to introduce Shiny Pokémon, they have different coloration and are very rarely found. Johto is also the only generation to implement the use of shiny Pokémon having superior stats to those that are not shiny. The only exception where receiving a shiny is by chance is the Red Gyarados which can always be found at the Lake of Rage.
- Poké Balls: In this specific generation we see the introduction of more specialized Poké Balls. These are made from Apricorns, picked from a special plant which can be found throughout Johto. A man in Azalea Town called Kurt then fashions a Poké Ball depending in the color of the Apricorn.
- Pokérus: Pokérus, the Pokemon Virus was first introduced in this generation and will double the effort values gained from a battle. To catch this virus you must battle an infected wild Pokémon, this however is even rarer than to see a Shiny.
- Pokémon Eggs: Pokémon eggs are a fantastic new feature to the Pokémon World. With the introduction of the Pokémon breeding concept, baby forms of old favorites are now available along with many other perks. This is done at the Pokémon Day Care Center.
- Go back to Kanto: In this generation you have the only chance so far to go back to a previous region, in this case Kanto, the home of the Games Red/Yellow/Blue/FireRed/LeafGreen. This increases the possible gym badges to 16.
- Battle Animations: In Pokémon Crystal, battle animations were added. For example, every Pokémon has a specific animation it performs after being released from it's Poké Ball in battle.
- Boy or Girl Trainer: In Pokémon Crystal you have the choice between a boy or a girl trainer.
- No Villains: In this game series there are no villains to apprehend, like there were in Pokémon Y/B/R.
Related ThreadsPokemon Crystal Version - last post by @ Jan 4, 2004
Crystal Version - last post by @ Mar 8, 2002
pokemon crystal version - last post by @ Feb 2, 2003
Sunkern Solo Run - Crystal version - last post by @ May 12, 2012
Pokemon love crystal version any1? - last post by @ May 22, 2010
This page has been accessed 27,437 times.