|Pokemon LeafGreen boxart|
|Release Date(s)|| JP: January 29, 2004|
NA: September 9, 2004
EU: October 1, 2004
AUS: September 23, 2004
|Compatible with|| Gen III|
|Paired with:||Pokémon FireRed|
|Succeeded by:||Pokémon Emerald|
The games were released in 2004. It also introduced wireless trading and battling! The games are compatible with Pokémon Ruby, Pokémon Sapphire, Pokémon Emerald, Pokémon Colosseum, and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness. They are also semi-compatible with Pokémon Diamond, Pokémon Pearl, and Pokémon Platinum, since you're able to transfer your Pokémon to Diamond/Platium/Pearl, but you cannot transfer any back (it's basically a one-way trade; no battling).
You choose a Pokémon to start with, and take it out into the field to train up, and use it to catch other Pokémon. Battle to raise the strength of your Pokémon, to increase your collection, or against your friends for fun. The main point of the game is to defeat all 8 gym leaders, and compete with the Elite Four and the Champion.
- Improved graphics from the original Pokémon Blue and Pokémon Red games
- Added areas for side-quests, including capturing Pokémon from Pokémon Gold/Pokémon Silver/Pokémon Crystal
- Bring full cross-compatibility to this game by connecting to Pokémon Ruby, Pokémon Sapphire, Pokémon Emerald and Pokémon Colosseum
- Wireless multi-player trading and battling with up to four players using a wireless adapter
- The Kanto remakes feature all the Pokémon from Kanto and Johto. Link up with Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald to catch up to 386 Pokémon!