Pokémon Movie 13: Zoroark: Master of Illusions
Pokémon Movie 13: Zoroark: Master of Illusions is a movie first released in Japan in 2010 appearing as a sequel to Arceus and the Jewel of Life, and to advertise the new Pokémon Black and White games.
The main storyline features Ash and the gang looking to get to Crown City to compete in a special Pokémon competition, but they get lost deep in the forest. Soon, they end up running into Zorua who is able to speak to them via telepathy. Ash and friends then decide to help it find its mother, Mima (Zoroark) who is being controlled by Kodai. As the plot becomes revealed more, Kodai is revealed to be able to see into the future, but he has to absorb the effects of the time ripple again like he did 20 years ago as his future-seeing powers are fading.
Soon, Celebi makes its way into town as do Ash and friends with Zorua. Ash and friends end up befriending 2 undercover journalists who are investigating the actions of Kodai. Raikou, Entei, and Suicune then come to the town to take out Zoroark, believing it to be the enemy thanks to Kodai. However, after a massive confrontation, all the Pokemon in town are able to convince the legendary beasts that Zoroark is not the enemy and was forced to do the evil actions by Kodai.
Soon after, Ash is seen trying to get Celebi to the Time Ripple before Kodai reaches them, but Kodai does get within range of them and has his Mismagius use Psychic on Ash, Celebi, and Pikachu and forcing them to watch him repeat the thing he did 20 years ago. This time, however, Zoroark manages to reach the area in time to disrupt the transfer of energy. Dawn frees Ash by having Piplup use Bubblebeam on Mismagius, forcing it to break the hold Psychic had.
Zorua and Zoroark then use their Illusion abilities on Kodai, making him take a harsh fall in the stadium that the special tournament was going to be held as he tries to flee the area. However, Zoroark took too much punishment as it protected young Zorua from Kodai's onslaught and falls to the ground motionless. Zorua uses its Illusion ability again to show Zoroark, along with Ash and the others, their real home.
Seeing this, Celebi then utilizes the powers of the Time Ripple to help revive Zoroark. The next morning, Kodai awakens in the stadium to the TV that's playing all of the events that happened last night and the conversation he had with Ash where he admitted everything(there's journalism for you) Officer Jenny is inside the stadium along with Ash and all the others. The scene then cuts to a boat that the 2 journalists are on along with Zoroark and Ash. Soon though, the real Ash comes up from behind Dawn and Brock, somewhat irritated that Zorua used its Illusion ability to transform into him.
- Zorua and Zoroark are the first Generation V Pokémon to make any kind of anime appearance.
- Raikou, Entei, and Suicune are the first Shiny Pokémon to ever appear in a main movie. They are also the first Shiny Legendary Pokémon to ever appear in the anime.
- This is the final movie in the Diamond & Pearl saga and the only one not to feature any Sinnoh Legendary Pokémon in a main role.
- There is remixed music from Celebi: Voice of the Forest when Celebi makes its first appearance and when it time travels at the end of the movie.
- This is the first movie that Raikou has appeared in where it is in a starring role.
- This is the first movie since The Power of One that didn't feature a World of Pokémon intro at the very beginning.