Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
(Redirected from Pokémon Omega Ruby)
|Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire|
|Release Date(s)|| JP: November 21, 2014|
NA: November 21, 2014
EU: November 28, 2014
AUS: November 21, 2014
|Ratings|| PEGI: 7|
|Compatible with||Pokémon Bank|
|Preceded by:||Pokémon X and Y|
|Succeeded by:||Pokémon Sun and Moon|
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes of the original Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire released for the Game Boy Advance, released for Nintendo 3DS. It was released worldwide on November 21, 2014, with Europe receiving the games on November 28, 2014.
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire introduces new forms for the mascot Pokémon Groudon and Kyogre. When taking on these forms it is known as Primal Reversion, allowing them to transform into a form they originally took in ancient times with the use of the Red Orb and Blue Orb respectively.
|382||Primal Kyogre||Primordial Sea|
|383||Primal Groudon||Desolate Land|
New Mega Evolutions
New Mega Evolutions have also been introduced, exclusive to these games. Mega Evolution will be provided in this game by the Mega Bangle worn by Brendan and May. There are a total of 19 new Mega Evolutions.
|018||Mega Pidgeot||No Guard|
|080||Mega Slowbro||Shell Armor|
|208||Mega Steelix||Sand Force|
|254||Mega Sceptile||Lightning Rod|
|260||Mega Swampert||Swift Swim|
|302||Mega Sableye||Magic Bounce|
|319||Mega Sharpedo||Strong Jaw|
|323||Mega Camerupt||Sheer Force|
|376||Mega Metagross||Tough Claws|
|384||Mega Rayquaza||Delta Stream|
|475||Mega Gallade||Inner Focus|
|719||Mega Diancie||Magic Bounce|
- Main Article: Hoenn Normal Pokedex
|Omega Ruby||Alpha Sapphire|
|422||Shellos (West Sea)||422||Shellos (East Sea)|
|423||Gastrodon (West Sea)||423||Gastrodon (East Sea)|
- Hero/Heroine: The games focus on the story of the main protagonist, who has just moved to Hoenn from the Johto region. Their aim is to defeat the Gym Leaders around Hoenn as well as capture and befriend many Pokémon along the way.
- Professor Birch: Professor Birch is the region's local professor, and lives close to the player. He is good friends with the player's father Norman, and gives them their first starter Pokémon.
- Brendan/May: The gender of the player character depends on if Brendan or May appears in the story. They are the same age as the player, and is the assistant to their father Professor Birch. They will assist and battle the player many times in their journey.
- Wally: Wally is a young boy living in Petalburg City, and goes out on a journey with the Ralts the player helps him to capture. His illness forces him to move with his uncle to Verdanturf Town, however he aims to become a strong trainer and doesn't let anything get in his way despite his timid nature.
- Steven Stone: Steven is the Champion of the Hoenn Pokémon League, and assists the player many times throughout their journey. His interests lie in collecting rare stones, but is also in pursuit of the origins of Mega Evolution.
- Team Magma: Team Magma plays a more prominent role in Omega Ruby, with their main goal set on capturing and controlling Groudon to expand the land mass in Hoenn. They are lead by Maxie, with Admins Tabitha and Courtney assisting him.
- Team Aqua: Team Aqua plays a more prominent role in Alpha Sapphire, with their main goal set on capturing and controlling Kyogre to expand the seas in Hoenn. They are lead by Archie, with Admins Matt and Shelly assisting him.
- Zinnia: A mysterious girl part of the Draconid clan, Zinnia is encountered during the Delta Episode with the goal of summoning Rayquaza. She takes a great interest in the player, and is accompanied by her Whismur named Aster.
- Gym Leaders: The Gym Leaders are some of the strongest trainers in Hoenn, which stand in the way of the player in their quest of becoming the League Champion. They are scattered all across Hoenn, and will award trainers with badges if they manage to defeat them.
- Elite Four: A step above the Gym Leaders, the Elite Four members are a group of trainers that must be battled simultaneously in order to gain access to a battle with the Champion. The Elite Four members of Hoenn include Sidney, Phoebe, Glacia and Drake.
- Lisia: Lisia is one of the top Pokémon Contest Spectacular stars, and recruits new contest participants. She sees the potential of the player and their Pokémon, immediately recruiting them. She participates in contests with her Altaria named Ali.
- Aarune: A native of Unova, Aarune travels the world as a Secret Base expert but eventually settles in Hoenn. He helps the player get started on their own Secret Base, and can battle them with his partner Pokémon Flygon.
|1.1||November 25, 2014||Various bug fixes|
|1.2||December 3, 2014|| Fixes a glitch that may cause the game to freeze during the end credits|
Various bug fixes
|1.3||April 2, 2015||Various bug fixes|
|1.4||April 23, 2015||Various bug fixes|
Official Reveal Trailer
May 10 Trailer
June 10 Trailer
June 11 Trailer
June 12 Trailer
July 14 Trailer
August 10 Trailer
August 14 Trailer
August 16 Trailer
September 12 Trailer
October 2 Trailer
October 14 Trailer
November 13 Trailer
- Official Website
- Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Forum
- Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire Move Tutor Listings
Related ThreadsPokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Stricter hack checks - last post @ Aug 7, 2015
Looking for Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire Hack Ideas - last post by @ Mar 10, 2015
Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire sell over 3 million copies over 3 days - last post by @ Dec 6, 2014
Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire to feature space battles? - last post by Lesley Pro_04 @ Nov 15, 2014
Official Mega Glalie and Steelix details, Glalie catchable in Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire demo - last post by @ Oct 22, 2014
This page has been accessed 4,680 times.