Pokémon Gold and Silver Versions
(Redirected from Pokémon Silver)
An all-new world of Pokémon awaits you with Pokémon Gold and Silver. Like the first 3 games, Gold and Silver each offer a slightly different mix of Pokémon, and it's your job to catch 'em all! New technologies are available to help you. The game's internal clock keeps the actual time, effecting when Pokémon can appear due to the new real time system! Master new Pokémon types and attacks. A Time Capsule lets you trade Pokémon between previous versions, and of course you can trade with your friend using a Link cable.
The games were later remade into the very successful Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver.
It's up to you to find, capture, and train all 251 Pokémon, in the Johto region. This can be accomplished, by trading with the Gold and Silver versions. You also must become the greatest trainer in the region, which means you must defeat the eight gym leaders, then finally defeat the Elite Four, who are the top trainers of Johto.
But it doesn't stop there. Once you've defeated them, you can head on over to the Kanto region, to prove yourself there. Can you get all 16 gym badges?
- New region: Pokémon Gold and Silver takes place three years after the events in Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow. Now you get to explore the newly discovered region of Johto, full of grassy areas, bodies of water, forests, and other environments suitable for the Pokémon inhabitants. Like any other Pokémon game, it's up to you to find and capture all the Pokémon, and become the top trainer of the region. But this time the story extends further than that...
- Pokémon: Johto is home to 100 new species of Pokémon, as well as a few from the original 151. Also another new feature is breeding Pokémon. Breeding is essential for getting that perfect Pokémon you've always dreamed of and for reproducing rare species of course. With new Pokémon comes new attacks, like Whirlpool and Dynamicpunch, and new items, like the berries and new Pokéballs. Speaking of items, Pokémon are now able to hold items, which gives you more strategies for combat.
- Day/Night system: Also new, is the day/night system. All you have to do is input the correct time and it will go through day and night just like in the real world. This hugely affects what types of Pokémon that you'll be able to find. for example, Hoothoot can only be found at night, while Sunkern is only found in the morning.
- Trading between older versions: Some Pokémon you simply are not going to find in Gold, which is why you can trade from your Red/Blue/Green/Yellow versions to Gold. Bring over your hard trained Pokémon to complete your Pokédex and have a better edge at battles.
- Shiny Pokémon: The Johto generation was the first to introduce shiny Pokémon. They have different coloration and are very rarely found. Johto is also the only generation to implement the use of shiny Pokémon having superior stats to those that are not shiny. The only exception where receiving a shiny is by chance is the Red Gyarados, which can always be found at Lake Rage.
- Pokéballs: In this specific generation, we see the introduction of more specialized Poke Balls. These are made from Apricorns picked from a special plant which can be found all of Johto. A man in Azalea Town named Kurt then fashions a Pokéball depending in the color of the Apricorn.
- Pokérus: Pokérus, the Pokémon Virus was first introduced in this generation, it will double the effort values gained from a battle. To catch this virus, you must battle an infected wild Pokémon. However, is even rarer than to see a shiny.
- Pokémon Eggs: Pokémon eggs are a fantastic new feature to the Pokémon World. With the introduction of the Pokémon breeding concept, baby forms of old favorites are now available along with many other perks. This is done at the Pokémon Day Care Center.
- Go back to Kanto: In this generation you have the only chance so far to go back to a previous region, in this case Kanto, the home of the Games Red/Yellow/Blue/FireRed/Leaf Grean. This then, increases the possible gym badges to 16.
- Red: Silver Cave holds a secret trainer. One you all know (or should know) well. This trainer has the strongest trained Pokémon in all of the games. He is widely regarded as the toughest trainer to beat in Pokémon history. His name is -Red, but he is based off of the male protagonist in Red, Blue, Yellow, Fire Red, and Leaf Green. Good luck trying to beat him... If you even find him to begin with.
- Pokedex (Gold/Silver)
- Attacks (Gold/Silver)
- Item Dex (Gold/Silver)
- TM/HM List (Gold/Silver)
- Daily Events
- Important Events
- Johto Evolutions
- Johto Shopping List
- Shiny Pokémon
- Special Pokemon
Related ThreadsPokemon gold/silver/crystal items - last post @ Jun 6, 2004
Pokemon gold/silver/crystal items - last post by @ Jul 4, 2015
How to trade frm pokemon Gold/silver to R/B/Y - last post @ Jun 24, 2004
New Versions of Gold and Silver - last post by @ Apr 6, 2007
Purchase Pokemon Gold/Silver and get Celebi + a 3DS theme! - last post by @ Oct 1, 2017