Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions
(Redirected from Pokémon SoulSilver)
|Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions|
|Release Date(s)|| JP: September 12, 2009|
NA: March 14, 2010
EU: March 26, 2010
AUS: March 25, 2010
|Ratings|| PEGI: 3|
|Compatible with||Generation III, Generation IV|
|Preceded by:||Pokémon Platinum Version|
|Succeeded by:||Pokémon Black and White Versions|
Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions are remakes of the original Pokémon Gold and Silver. These games will contain all of the Pokémon from the original game, in addition to Pokemon from generations three and four, to extend the Pokédex to 493 Pokémon.
Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver re-tell the story of a young boy who grew up in the Johto region, whose aim is to to become a Pokémon Master and take on Pokémon challenges until he can reach Kanto region. Beginning from New Bark Town, the player will have to catch, raise, and battle a team of Pokémon in order to collect the region's 8 badges for a shot at the Pokémon League finals. Along the way, numerous of legendary Pokemon will make appearances, and the player will be forced to deal with the maniacal Team Rocket and their leader, the powerful Giovanni, a quirky professor, and a hotheaded rival, whose every move is aimed at taking the hero down in his journey to be the number one Pokémon trainer.
- A single Pokémon can be set to follow the player (as they did in Pokémon Yellow: Special Pikachu Edition). It must be in the first slot of your party. A Pokémon following the trainer may occasionally pick up items off the ground and the Pokémon will become more happy and some Pokémon need to be happy to evolve.
- Graphics are on par with fourth generation titles (Pokémon Diamond, Pokémon Pearl, and Pokémon Platinum).
- Lugia and Ho-oh figurines will be given out when you pre-order their respective game. (Lugia for SoulSilver and Ho-oh for HeartGold) In addition if you pre-order both games an Arceus figurine will be given. These figurines have been released outside of Japan.
- The 16 Gym Leaders of Kanto and Johto are back! Players can hold rematches with the leaders once specific criteria has been met. Rematches will take place in the Fighting Dojo, in Saffron City. The leaders are Falkner, Bugsy, Whitney, Morty, Chuck, Jasmine, Pryce, and Clair. The Kanto gym leaders are Lt. Surge, Sabrina, Erika, Misty, Janine, Brock, Blaine, and Blue.
- After beating the Elite 4, players will have the opportunity to battle them again, but this time with even tougher Pokemon.
- Instead of The Battle Tower in Crystal, The Platinum Battle Frontier makes a return appearance, but this time it is in Olivine City.
- Pokéthlon opens in Johto. Participating in Minigames will get you some nifty prizes this time around: Heart Scales, Metal Coats, Nuggets, Rare Candies, and more! You could take part in skill, speed, stamina, strength, and jumping events in the Pokathlon.
- The touch-screen can be used to manage the Bag, Pokédex, PC Boxes and the Pokégear.
- The Radio now serves and even greater purpose -on Wednesdays a Hoenn Channel program plays- listening to the program will cause Pokemon from Hoenn to appear in the wild. The Radio also tells where Swarm Pokemon can be found, as well as where Sinnoh Pokemon have been sighted.
- New areas, like the Sinoh ruins, have been added, and can be accessible, some with events, and some without events and the safari zone.
- All the features from Gold and Silver have been included, with even more added.
- In this game, there is a trainer named Red who is stronger then the Elite 4 you will find him at the end of Mt.Silver
- Now your girl friend is called Lyra and not Kris for example.
An additional tool has been included in the Heart Gold/Soul Silver game boxes, something that die-hard trainers will definitely want to take advantage of. The device is a pedometer (called the Pokéwalker) that allows players to transfer over one Pokemon from their Heart Gold/Soul Silver game save, as an alternative way to earn experience points (EXP) and raise the Pokemon's happiness. The pokewalker works very easy and simple. You can get all different types of pokemon and items available on it, all depending on the number of steps you take with it.
Learn how it works: Pokéwalker
The following Pokemon are available as version exclusives:
It is highly recommended to catch all these Pokemon if you like to trade.
Legends available to catch
Legends available to catch are:
Related ThreadsInformation on upcoming HeartGold, SoulSilver events revealed - last post by @ Oct 11, 2009
(Possible) HeartGold, SoulSilver English release date revealed - last post by @ Oct 11, 2009
HeartGold, SoulSilver games leaked - last post by @ Sep 10, 2009
Here are the first English language screenshots for Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver - last post by @ Jan 9, 2010
PokeWalker to come with US HeartGold/SoulSilver - last post by @ Jan 12, 2010