Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon
Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are the latest upcoming titles in the main Pokémon series, releasing for the Nintendo 3DS. They are the second entries in the line of Generation VII games, with the mascots resembling Solgaleo, Lunala and Necrozma. The games were revealed in a special Pokémon Direct on June 6, 2017. They are set to release worldwide on November 17, 2017.
The games will feature an alternate story to that of the original Pokémon Sun and Moon, as well as Pokémon and features that weren't present in the previous titles.
A total of five new Pokémon are introduced within Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, with the majority being Ultra Beasts.
Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon feature three new forms for the Pokémon Necrozma, two of them resembling the legendary Pokémon Solgaleo and Lunala. When Necrozma absorbs Solgaleo, it becomes Dusk Mane Necrozma, while it becomes Dawn Wings Necrozma after absorbing Lunala. While it is in one of these forms, it is able to change into Ultra Necrozma while holding the Ultranecrozium Z. Necrozma also has the ability to use the legendary Pokémon's signature move while in these forms.
The games also introduce a new form of Lycanroc known as Lycanroc Dusk Form. This Pokémon may only be obtained by evolving a special Rockruff with the Ability Own Tempo, between the times of 5:00-5:59 PM.
|745||Lycanroc Dusk Form||Tough Claws||-||-|
|800||Dusk Mane Necrozma||Prism Armor||-||-|
|800||Dawn Wings Necrozma||Prism Armor||-||-|
- Main Article: Ultra Beast
Ultra Beasts are more powerful Pokémon that come from another dimension. They first made their appearance in Pokémon Sun and Moon, however three new Ultra Beasts have been discovered. Not much is known about these Ultra Beasts besides their code names.
|Ultra Sun||Ultra Moon|
|037||Alolan Vulpix||027||Alolan Sandshrew|
|038||Alolan Ninetales||028||Alolan Sandslash|
Other Version Exclusive Features
- During the player's encounters with the Ultra Recon Squad, leaders Dulse and Zossie play more of a central role in Ultra Sun, while Soliera and Phyco appear more in Ultra Moon.
The adventure of Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon has players returning to the Alola region, comprised of four main islands and one artificial island. The region is surrounded by the sea, and attracts tourists from all around the world for its resort feel. The four islands give Alola a rich, diverse ecology, where people and Pokémon form close bonds and indulge in a culture that is different to other regions. In Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, dark clouds have started spreading across the sky, and new buildings and landscapes have been added that have not yet been seen.
- Hero/Heroine: The journey of the protagonist is the main focus of the game, being either a male or female. Their adventure takes place soon after moving from the Kanto region to Alola, meeting many people and Pokémon along the way.
- Hau: A young boy the same age as the player, Hau is quick to become friends with them soon after their move. Although laid-back, he soon learns his reasons for participating in Pokémon battles while he progresses through the Island Challenge.
- Professor Kukui: Professor Kukui is the region's professor, and lives near the player. His main field of research is Pokémon moves, and will take direct hits from Pokémon in order to learn about them.
- Lillie: A mysterious girl the same age as the player, Lillie works as Professor Kukui's assistant. Through her adventures with the player, she soon discovers a new side of herself.
- Island Kahunas: The Island Kahunas are the strongest trainers on each island, chosen by the guardian deities, and battle the player in the Grand Trial. The Island Kahunas include Hala, Olivia, Nanu and Hapu.
- Trial Captains: The Trial Captains provide guidance to the player during the Island Challenge, presenting them with their own created trials for the player to overcome. The Trial Captains include Ilima, Lana, Kiawe, Mallow, Sophocles, Acerola and Mina.
- Gladion: Gladion was an enforcer to Team Skull, and fights for his partner Type: Null. His role within these games are currently unknown.
- Lusamine: Lusamine is the president of the Aether Foundation, a group of people who work to take care of injured Pokémon. Her role within these games are currently unknown.
- Guzma: Guzma is the leader of Team Skull, a nefarious group of ruffians who aim to cause trouble to the player. His role within these games are currently unknown.
- Ultra Recon Squad: The Ultra Recon Squad is a mysterious group that come from a world beyond an Ultra Wormhole. They are based in a world known as Ultra Megalopolis, a world that has had its light stolen by Necrozma. The group is lead by Dulse, Zossie, Soliera and Phyco.
- Team Rainbow Rocket: A villainous organization that has set foot in the Alola region for unknown reasons, Team Rainbow Rocket is comprised of the bosses of villainous teams from the past, with Giovanni acting as their leader.
Official Reveal Trailer
August 18 Trailer 1
August 18 Trailer 2
September 13 Trailer
October 5 Trailer
October 17 Trailer
November 2 Trailer
Related ThreadsPokémon Ultra Sun & Moon: The Official National Pokédex Coming December 12th - last post by @ Oct 5, 2017
Pokémon Ultra Sun & Moon Isn’t A Sequel, Has A Different Main Story With Other Worlds To Visit - Siliconera - last post by @ Oct 18, 2017
VGC18: Glitches causing disconnection and Ultra Sun/Moon V1.2 - last post by @ Jan 24, 2018
Return of the Dream World in Ultra Sun/Moon? Living Fossil Pokemon? - last post by @ Jul 17, 2017
Ultra Sun/Moon Breeding Guide - last post by @ Dec 8, 2017