The Water Stone, first appearing in Pokémon Red, Blue, and Yellow games and appearing in every game ever since, is a one-time-use item that can be used to evolve certain water-type Pokémon. It is the only way these certain Pokémon can evolve. The water stone also unlocks a chamber in the Ruins of Alph in Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, or when it is in the bag in Pokémon Crystal.
Pokémon Affected By This
- Poliwhirl will evolve into Poliwrath.
- Shellder will evolve into Cloyster.
- Staryu will evolve into Starmie.
- Eevee will evolve into Vaporeon.
- Lombre will evolve into Ludicolo.
- Panpour will evolve into Simipour.
- Gold/Silver/Crystal: Evolves certain kinds of Pokémon.
- Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald: Makes certain species of Pokémon evolve.
- FireRed/LeafGreen: A peculiar stone that makes certain species of Pokémon evolve. It is a clear light blue.
- Diamond/Pearl/Platinum: A peculiar stone that makes certain species of Pokémon evolve. It is a clear, light blue.
- HeartGold/SoulSilver: A peculiar stone that makes certain species of Pokémon evolve. It is a clear, light blue.
- Black/White: A peculiar stone that makes certain species of Pokémon evolve. It is a clear, light blue.
How To Obtain
• This item can be bought in certain shops in-game on some generations and game cartridges.
• This item can be traded between Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Black, and White games, provided the Pokémon being traded is holding the Water Stone as its item and both game cartridges can trade back and forth.
- Red/Blue/Yellow: The Water Stone can be bought at the Celadon Department Store.
- Gold/Silver/Crystal: The Water Stone can be obtained from Bill's Grandfather and Fisherman Tully on Route 34 (Crystal). It can also be obtained via Mystery Gift.
- Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald: The Water Stone can be obtained from the Diving Treasure Hunter, and can also be found in the Abandoned Ship.
- FireRed/LeafGreen: The Water Stone can be bought at the Celadon Department Store. It can also be found on the Seafoam Islands.
- Diamond/Pearl/Platinum: The Water Stone can be mined from the Sinnoh Underground. It can also be obtained on Route 213. In Pokémon Platinum only, it can also be obtained at the Solaceon Ruins.
- HeartGold/SoulSilver: The Water Stone can be obtained from Bill's Grandfather and Fisherman Tully on Route 42, along with being found at the Seafoam Islands. It is also the first prize for the Bug-Catching Contest and is available to buy at the Pokéathlon Dome on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. On the Pokéwalker, it can be found on the Beyond the Sea route.
- Black/White: The Water Stone can be obtained in Castelia City, in Driftveil City, and in Black City. It can also be found as an item in dust clouds.
Other Evolutionary Stones
Other stones that can be used to evolve Pokémon are:
- If a Pokémon is holding the Everstone, it prevents it from evolving (as long as it doesn't require an item for evolution, which you would control anyways).
Related ThreadsWhere do u get Fire Stone and Water Stone from? - last post by @ May 27, 2003
[Request] Water Stone, 2 Moon stones - last post by @ Jan 16, 2009
Thunder and water stones? - last post by @ Nov 12, 2007
New Question about...water stone and tms and training and 'mite or 'torb - last post by @ Apr 13, 2008
Water Stone - last post by @ Nov 16, 2009
This page has been accessed 52,639 times.